Tuesday, July 7, 2009

so its been a year (or more)

Again, again with the Russian summer programs. Fortunately this time around I opted to stay in the US, which saved me a couple of grand in travel expenses. Also, I get to see Justin every weekend (Bloomington and Columbus, OH are only 4 hours apart).

Yes, I am at Indiana University in Bloomington, studying Russian. The program is pretty good, and I am enjoying my studies. Much more so than in Astrakhan'. I don't know what it is about summer language programs, but they all insist on being in class for 5 or more hours a day. I start class at 8 AM, and am usually at school until 5, when my Conversation class ends. Mondays (like today), there is a required lecture in Russian. Todays topic is Russian Press: Last Bastion of Democracy. (I'll let you know how it turns out.)

Mom sent me my emails from the Taganrog adventure in 2007. I really miss that city, and my host family! I will be sure to post them soon.

--shelley

No comments: